Before you dive in too deep, here are some key factors to consider when determining what role social media plays in your marketing strategy.
Take a hard look at your business:
- Is your business intuitively "social"?
- Is social media a forced-fit or does it come naturally?
- Does your line of work make sense to be in the public domain?
Then take a look at your customer:
- Is your customer intuitively "social"?
- Is it natural to connect with them in social channels?
- Will they feel comfortable interacting with you publically?