- Create a social media voice that people want to hang out with. Make your brand sound like your customers, or more importantly, relatable to your customers.
- Make yourself and your team visible. Give a face to the name!
- Know your customers and what their day-to-day lives are about.
- Be an active listener. If you don't know your customer, get to know them and then get to know them again in a few months. Things are always changing and we have to keep up!
- Avoid too much branding or talking about yourself too much.
- Instead, be more conversational and invite others to contribute to your story.
- Give credit where credit is due. This not only shows you are a respectable brand, but also gives you a chance to network with others.
- Lay off the #hashtags. #No one #wants to read a #sentence with too many #breaks! Be relevant in what you tag to get maximum results.
- Remember that numbers fans and followers are overrated metrics. I said numbers. Fans and followers matter when they interact with our brand. Just having them doesn't mean anything if they aren't being engaged.
Bonus idea: Have fun with it! What exists online is just a reflection of the real world. So just be yourself!
Thanks, Entrepreneur for the article idea.