You can look at your weekly social media obligations like this:
- Updating social networks – 4 hours
- Planning, writing, and publishing blog posts – 7.5 hours
- Research and planning internal and external content to share – 4 hours
- Curate and share content – 2.5 hours
- Engaging with your community – 4 hours
- Monitoring brand mentions online – 2.5 hours
- Developing campaigns, such as promotions and contests – 2.5 hours
- Community growth – 2.5 hours
- Strategy management and adjustments – 2.5 hours
- Analytics Reporting – 2.5 hours
- Contingency time for damage control or unexpected problems – 4 hours
Not everyone's time can be divided out like this, but you can use this model to get an idea of how much time you should be spending on what kinds of activities.
Need help managing your social media? Don't hesitate to call with questions!